Monday, December 21, 2009

Oh Shoot..

Hi there. It's been a while..

Christmas time is always my favorite time of year. I love the lights and the music and all that anticipation. I also love how it is the one time of year where I eat cookies whenever I feel like it, which is usually multiple times a day. I bake, I work, I watch 'A Charlie Brown Christmas', I study for finals. When it comes down to it, I am one heck of a busy girl at Christmas time. I apologize for the lack of posts, but now I'm back. I promise.

Almost all of the 13 batches of cookies I baked are gone now, and it's a dang good thing. If I get offered another cookie anytime soon, I am afraid I just might have to [gasp!] say no. I've probably eaten my weight it cookies, which is appalling, considering how healthy I normally am. Normally I am eating legumes and raw vegetables all day. Christmas does some weird things to me. I think I've hit rock bottom though. I am completely sugared out. I've had enough cookies, enough candy, enough cake to last me well into next year. And speaking of years, a new one is just around the corner. We are standing on a pile of uncertainty that only a new year could hold, but isn't it exciting? Over the past year I've learnt that there is no sense in worrying about the unknown. The thing is that right now, in this exact moment, I am exactly where I am supposed to be. Not knowing is kind of scary, I guess, but I am eager and ready to jump right in.

No comments:

Post a Comment